Monday, January 3, 2011

Setting Sail

"Which kind of chow mein do you like? Chicken chow mein or shrimp chow mien?" 

my mother asks me as we settle in to our room at Inn America. We're ordering from The Panda Garden down the street.

It has been a long day of traveling! Jolly good fun though! We left slightly after nine this morning and arrived to our hotel in Boise at 6 PM. Calculating...calculating....yup, that's a little under 9 hours of traveling. Whew! We took a few pictures along the way so I could share with you some of the sights from CDA to Boise, Idaho.

First rest stop! "Ain't no toilet, like a duct tape toilet!" I always say!


Quite a bit of snow along the way! This is a pretty boring picture but there were some AMAZING views! I regret not stopping to take more pictures. Momma and I joked about how it felt like we were driving straight into a beautiful painting. I'll try to take more pics tomorrow as we head out to Vegas!

Hmm...looks a little closer to the North Pole than the Equator.

And sometimes there just aren't enough rest stops along the way :)


Lots of fun talks, sights, and experiences throughout the day! Including crazy Semi's, The Naked Gospel, and my mom talking her way out of a speeding ticket with expired tabs and no break lights. ;)

Like I said before, tomorrow morning we head out to Las Vegas!! Sooner or later, I want to think of some catchy signing-off phrase but until then I'll simply say:

Goodnight my friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment