Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Napolean, Vegas, and Mental Disabilites!

Nothing......nothing........BAM!POW!SHABOOM!!

 This is honestly the best way to describe driving through Nevada. Seriously we must have driven for 8 straight hours without seeing ANYthing except for a few small redneck ghost towns and then all of a sudden, more people, buildings, and lights than your mind can handle!

Las Vegas, ladies and gentlemen! 
There is nothing quite like it.



We started off today's drive quietly at 7:30 AM. We spent a solid 10 hours driving. That takes a lot out of you! But we listened to Think and Grow Rich by Napoleon Hill in audio form, well at least chapters 1-3. Then my laptop died. :( Good stuff! He talks a lot about basically programming ourselves to turn our desire into action. There is a lot of feel-good-self-help-motivation-mumbo-jumbo out there but this guy really knows his stuff!

There were some pretty sights along the way but mostly there was....nothing. Nothing, that is, until you reach Las Vegas. We walked along the strip for a few hours until our feet began to blister. But mucho happened before that! Here are some pictures from our adventures around Sin City!


 <=== That's where we're staying: The Excalibur!
               

               My beautiful mother, Carrie Beals ===>

 <=== Reallllyy cool water show!

Lady Liberty has a slight gambling addiction. ====>



<=== Sweet design for a restaurant!!


Just chillin' on the strip! ==>




Kickin' it with the Squarepants.
 

To be completely honest, one of my favorite parts of the night was acting like I was mentally challenged. Let me explain....

As you walk the streets of Las Vegas, numerous people try to hand you numerous cards that advertise numerous strip clubs. I found a sure-proof way to make these men and women NOT bug you. It sounds extreme but it absolutely worked. Whenever we came up to a group of these people, handing out cards and trying to get your attention, I would simply act with an over dramatic limp and act a little strange and they completely left me alone. In fact, they avoided me! Kind of fun to experiment. I suggest giving it a try if you ever make your way to Vegas!

Well guys, I'm tired, my feet hurt, and I want to rest my head for the night. I love you all and appreciate your time! Goodnight everyone! I'll talk to you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment