Thursday, February 3, 2011

Run Forrest! Run!

Hey! You guessed it! I went on a run today! I finally forced myself to get some exercise beyond yoga and cellercising. Don't get me wrong, Cellercising has been great! I've lost ten pounds since being here but it is time to step it up!

I got some great reading time today! Reading the book Grooming the Next Generation for Success has inspired me to start reading the entire Bible. I've never done it before and Dani makes a good point. We usually just pick and choose our favorites and then listen to the advice from people who are paid to give us Biblical instruction and guidance. I love pastors! But we should be responsible for our own growth and I believe it is time for me to read the entire Bible for myself rather than simply listen to others who have.

Apparently there are some pastors who have never read the Bible cover to cover. I find that disturbing. They spend usually at least four years in school and not one read the Bible cover to cover? No. Instead they read commentaries on the Bible from other men. I don't agree with that. Commentaries are great! I use a study Bible and it has TONS of notes and commentaries and different thoughts and viewpoints! It's wonderful! But ultimately, I'm still reading the Holy Word of the Most High and not the earthly word of some guy. (rhyme intended)  :)

So that's what I started yesterday and continued the today. I'm a big fan of the big Gen.

Also, I started working on the script for The Hikist. Should be pretty funny! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment