Friday, February 11, 2011

Ignite Phoenix 9!!

Tonight we went to an interesting show entitled Ignite Phoenix 9 (it was the ninth annual show).

It was pretty cool. 18 people had five minutes to talk about their passion. They had a certain amount of slides and the slides were timed to move on every few seconds automatically. It was kind of interesting.

Tonight we heard different people talk about some of the following:

  • Kinky Hair
  • Star Wars Conventions
  • Arizona Wine
  • Saving the Assyrian Christians in Iraq
  • Lice
  • Neuroscience and its relation to magic
  • Stray dogs
  • Dating amongst a zombie apocalypse
  • 3D printers
  • Women brewing draft beer
  • Fighting MS
  • The bond formed between members of an Improv team
  • Etc.
 I'm not sure what my passion would be...
...Honestly, I would probably get up there and talk about my passion for pursuing my many passions. I couldn't pick one but I could sure do a great job of encouraging my audience to get active and find what they love to do!

Again, I might have some big news for you all, but I won't really be able to say until Sunday night.

I love you all so very much and I can't express how much your support means to me!

-Austin L. Beals

No comments:

Post a Comment