Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Big Day Manana!

I wish I may, I wish I might, finally type a blog post tonight!

Hurray! Wish came true! :)

Yo yo, wassup my peeps?
 Long time no talk! Well I'm back. Sorry, I always forget to stay in touch whenever I find a new show I really like on Netflix. This past week's obsession was Kyle XY.

You see, I call it Accelerated Media Education also known as AME.

"Why Austin! Accelerated Media Education sounds wonderful! But what is it?"

Simple. I watch shows that have already came out on Season DVD's on Netflix. By doing so, not only do I avoid any stupid evil commercials altogether but I do not have to wait for the next episode on a week to week basis.

Here is the corresponding mathematics for my new method of watching television:
The average show lasts for about 4 seasons. Each season has approximately 12 episodes. At night, after I have finished all of my other work, I watch about 3 episodes. Without commercials, the duration of the show is cut down to a little less than 43 minutes.

Assuming the broadcasting company airs one season each year, it will take the average person 4 years to finish the series and they will spend an estimated 2,880 minutes in front of a screen.

With my method, it takes me about 16 days to finish a series. And I knock out over 800 minutes by not watching commercials that irritate me.

All of the "morals" and "life lessons" that are talked about at the end of each episode, I learn in a little over two weeks...rather than four years.

And yes, obviously, I don't have to watch these shows at all, but I want to go into acting, writing, directing, and producing so I like all of this stuff. I've learned things from watching different shows. I get new ideas for things I might want to create some day. I gain new input and understanding. Plus it helps me relax at the end of the night.

So that's the subject for tonight, Accelerated Media Education.

Oh, and I have a big job interview tomorrow morning. I guess that's important too. :) So pray for that!

Love you all! Goodnight! <3

No comments:

Post a Comment